Client: South Pars Gas Complex, SPGC –Ph9&10 (5th Refinery)
Date: Summer 2011
The objective of this project is to reviewing design documents, investigation and feasibility of increasing production capacity according to original technical documents and finally, implementation of performance test in refinery based on reviewing results.
This project was conducted in three below phases:
- Data gathering and basic study of the documents
- Evaluation and endorsing the feasible overcapacity for the equipments and the plant integrally
- Preparing the performance tests based on results of previous phase
In this project, basic design review and theoretical calculations were done to study the feasibility of 10% capacity increase, without the need for addition of any equipment
Considering the plant configuration, three different scenarios for performance test were designed and their advantages and disadvantages were studied. Consequently, the scenario with step-wise model, less operational risk and easy control and monitoring was implemented in the plant. Following the step wised feed rate increase, some of notable conclusions are as below;
- Refinery production increased by using the available potential such as margins of equipment, changing the load philosophy of equipment and etc. by engineering and operating methods
- The results proved that the whole plant can be processed 10% overdesign successfully
- Calculations and performance test showed that 10% increase of production capacity in phase 9&10 of South Pars Gas Complex leads to 1% increase of Iran’s gas capacity.
- According to performance test results, the specifications of products meet qualified certificates in acceptable range.